Civil Engineering Intern | Beverly, Massachusetts
The Civil Engineering Intern will be responsible for assisting engineers with project activities typical to site civil engineering projects such as drafting, grading design, effective stormwater design and underlying calculations, shop drawing checks, site visitation and project closeout. The engineering intern may also be involved with supporting our field efforts such as survey and leading-edge LiDAR and 3D Laser Scanning services.
At Meridian you will have mentors such as licensed surveyors, CADD designers, drone pilots, and licensed civil engineers and gain hands on experience with real world projects. Meridian offers a robust internship program to enrolled college students to learn the business and science of a multi-disciplined engineering practice throughout the calendar year. Students are mentored by experienced while earning academic credits. Our program is designed to foster professional skills that can be put to use upon graduation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-driven, and conscientious.
- Active in student or community organizations.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Civil 3D and HydroCAD are a plus.
- Junior or Senior working toward a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or;
- Enrolled in a Master of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering program.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.