Flint Public Library

Middleton, Massachusetts


The Flint Public Library was constructed in 1891 and continues to serve the community with more than 40,000 publications. The library was built of brick with Nova Scotia sandstone trimmings and a slate roof. The interior finish is of cypress, with birch floors and furniture of polished oak. The interior also features recycled elements from the renovation including re-use of original wood to build bookshelves and re-use as floor surfaces and refinished tables and chairs.


Meridian provided technical civil site design and regulatory permits for the construction of this project. In addition to the renovation of the building itself, Meridian designed a plan for pedestrian access, landscaping, original architecture and site grading to compliment the proposed and original architecture. Meridian worked closely with the architectural and design teams to design the 15,000 sq. ft. addition which increased the size of the Flint Public Library by 270%.