Civil Engineer | Massachusetts
The Civil Engineer is responsible for project activities typical to site civil engineering projects such as CADD, grading and stormwater design, underlying calculations, shop drawing checks, site visitation and support preparing permits. The candidate will possess civil engineering technical knowledge commensurate with their professional experience, and they will have fundamental knowledge of the project development process that might include construction, site design, site planning, site engineering, structural and MEP criteria as it relates to civil engineering. This position offers flexibility for office and remote work environments.
- Participate in a broad variety of civil engineering assignments related to permitting, stormwater management, solar energy and site design for renewable energy delivery and land development clients.
- Conduct field work which may include soil testing and land surveying, construction oversight and documentation.
- Assist with writing engineering specifications for select projects.
- Perform calculations and engineering evaluations.
- Prepare reports, conceptual designs, and detailed construction plans and specifications.
- Perform other civil engineering tasks such as the development of SWPPP and Drainage Area Plans.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-4 years of experience preferred (Professional or Internship).
- Leadership roles in college or community.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-driven, and conscientious.
- Exposure to Civil3D 2016+.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Engineer-in-Training or desire to pursue.
Meridian Associates is a 100% employee-owned company and as such we encourage employee participation, innovation, and responsibility. We regularly ask for employee feedback to tailor our package to the needs of our staff. Meridian Associates is proud to offer employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Meridian Associates is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. It is our policy to ensure that applicants to Meridian and employees of Meridian are treated equally without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military, or veteran status.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.