Survey Intern | Beverly, Massachusetts
The Survey Intern will be a part of Meridian’s comprehensive Land Survey team, working in the field on projects with our experienced survey crews. Projects can include Survey Plats, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Boundary Surveys, and Topographic Surveys using technologies such as LiDAR/Laser Scanning, Total Stations, drones, and mobile systems.
At Meridian you will have mentors such as licensed surveyors, CADD designers, drone pilots, and licensed civil engineers and gain hands on experience with real world projects. Meridian offers a robust internship program to enrolled college students to learn the business and science of a multi-disciplined engineering practice throughout the calendar year. Students are mentored by experienced while earning academic credits. Our program is designed to foster professional skills that can be put to use upon graduation.
- Assist survey crew in operation and maintenance of survey instruments and measuring devices needed.
- Assist survey crew in tasks necessary to collect field data.
- Aid Project Managers with site/civil design work.
- General office support when needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-driven, and conscientious.
- Active in student or community organizations
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Junior or Senior working toward a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying or Environmental Studies.
- This position requires regional travel and infrequent overnight trips.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.