Project Civil Engineer | Massachusetts
The Project Civil Engineer is responsible for project activities typical to site civil engineering projects such as grading design, stormwater design and underlying calculations, shop drawing checks, site visitation and project closeout. The candidate will possess civil engineering technical knowledge commensurate with their professional experience, and they will have fundamental knowledge of the project development process that might include construction, site design, site planning, site engineering, structural and MEP criteria as it relates to civil engineering. This position offers flexibility for office and remote work environments.
- Compile information including building codes, materials, research and construction cost data.
- Prepare engineering reports, conducts and organize engineering evaluations and provide written summaries for review.
- Prepare and review Contract Document requirements and prepare technical and non-technical provisions for project specifications.
- Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
- Design, evaluate and interpret data, formulate and resolve problems.
- May act independently on small, well-defined assignments.
- Will assist with client contact, business development, permitting, and promotional activities upon request.
- Mentor junior engineering staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality deliverables to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-driven, and conscientious.
- Proficient and hands on with Civil3D 2016+.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and HydroCAD are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Certification as a Massachusetts Soil Evaluator is a plus but not required.
Meridian Associates is a 100% employee-owned company and as such we encourage employee participation, innovation, and responsibility. We regularly ask for employee feedback to tailor our package to the needs of our staff. Meridian Associates is proud to offer employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Meridian Associates is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. It is our policy to ensure that applicants to Meridian and employees of Meridian are treated equally without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military, or veteran status.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.