Survey/Laser Scanning Instrument Operator | Massachusetts
Meridian Associates is seeking an experienced Instrument Operator to engage in progressive solutions for geospatial survey. At Meridian you will be a valued member of our Survey team working closely with our engineers to deliver boundary, ALTA, topographic, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and survey technologies including 3D Laser Scanning, Mobile LiDAR.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one-person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in technology.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2 years of survey experience. Professional and Internship experience will be considered.
- OSHA 10-hour safety course or ability to complete upon hiring.
- High school diploma.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Detail-oriented, dependable, punctual and have good communication skills.
- Maintain a valid driver's license to operate company vehicle.
- Physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Experience with or desire to learn Leica and Carlson survey equipment (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, Laser Scanning and Data Collectors).
- Experience with Carlson SurvCE and data collection software is a plus.
- This position requires occasional overnight travel.
Meridian Associates is a 100% employee-owned company and as such we encourage employee participation, innovation, and responsibility. We regularly ask for employee feedback to tailor our package to the needs of our staff. Meridian Associates is proud to offer employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Meridian Associates is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. It is our policy to ensure that applicants to Meridian and employees of Meridian are treated equally without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military, or veteran status.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.